Teacher Application Portal
About this role
As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland, we offer a wide range of rewarding opportunities across the curriculum and learning phases, and in a diverse variety of schools and communities across the state.
With a clear focus on equity and excellence in all that we do, joining the Queensland state schooling sector will provide you with the opportunity to be part of a progressive, high performing education system that is focused on realising the potential of every student.
Application process & talent pool
Our team of recruiters will review the information you provide and contact you to discuss your employment, teaching and location preferences and answer any questions that you have.
Once our recruiters have this information, they can consider you for current and future teaching roles as they are submitted by state schools. When there is a good match between the type of role you are looking for and the type of teacher a school is seeking, our recruiters will contact you to discuss the role and next steps if you are interested.
This process ensures you only need to apply once to be considered for many roles. It also provides you and schools with a positive, equitable and consistent recruitment process.
Our teachers must have:
- a relevant teaching qualification
- current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland
Other mandatory requirements:
- pre-service/graduate teachers are encouraged to apply, however must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher
- in addition to registration, teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services
- if you're not an Australian Citizen or resident, you will also require a valid Australian Visa with work rights to be able to be employed
You may be offered employment on condition that these requirements are met prior to commencement.
How to apply
- click the 'Apply now' button
- complete the online application form and questionnaire
- attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (referees should have an understanding of your relevant previous work history)
- attach other mandatory documents as listed in the attachment checklist
- pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
To find out more about our teacher recruitment process, visit the Teach Queensland website.
Access the National Relay Service